About the Ads

FutureSurgical

5+ Year Member
Jul 2, 2014
Status
Medical Student (Accepted)
Lmfao I got unofficially rejected by Tulane today (along with everyone else on the pre-II hold.)

Aug 16, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical
Didn't get an R yet. Also, their site says interview ends Feb. So, what gives? Anyone else not get an R yet?

About the Ads

DJ_MD

It doesn't have to be fun to be fun
5+ Year Member
Oct 23, 2014
Massachusetts
Status
Medical Student
What did it say?
typo in the first sentence of the second paragraph... cmon Tulane I didn’t give you typos in my secondary!

——

In the past, you received an email from us informing you of the decision to place you in the Hold for Possible Interview category. As our interview season is coming to an end, it is with much regret that we will not be able to offer you an interview for the Tulane University School of Medicine incoming Class of 2020. This is a disappointment, almost as much for those who are responsible for the decision as it may be for you, the applicant who is turned away.

Most of the applicants we reviewed this year are incredibly well qualified for medical school and are likely to make important contributions the medical profession. Sadly, with nearly 13,000 applicants for 600 interview spots, we are forced to not offer interviews to many exceptional people. Due to the large volume of applications, we cannot advise you regarding your application. We hope that you receive an acceptance to a medical school of your choice and that both success and happiness will be yours as you continue your training. Please accept our best wishes for all your future endeavors.

unester

2+ Year Member
Dec 20, 2016
Status
Pre-Medical
Sounds like those of us not on hold will have to wait longer to get the R.

Oct 1, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical
What time does the interview day here end? Does anyone know? Thanks.
I interviewed back in October so I can't exactly remember, but I think it was done around 3PM. Correct me if I'm wrong @ anyone else who interviewed. Also I think I remember it saying in the email about your interview the basic timeline for the day! I hope this helps a little!

Jun 25, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical
I interviewed back in October so I can't exactly remember, but I think it was done around 3PM. Correct me if I'm wrong @ anyone else who interviewed. Also I think I remember it saying in the email about your interview the basic timeline for the day! I hope this helps a little!
Thank you so much! Unfortunately my email didn't have this information :(.

About the Ads

Xyzcannon18

2+ Year Member
Oct 18, 2015
Status
Pre-Medical
Didn't get an R yet. Also, their site says interview ends Feb. So, what gives? Anyone else not get an R yet?
I believe there are two March interviews but I briefly remember that from looking at the calendar so I'm not 100% sure.

C9 MANGOOOOO

2+ Year Member
Dec 27, 2016
Status
Pre-Medical
Any people on MD/PSP waitlist ? Does anyone know if you can get placed into the MD school only if no spots in MD/PSP?

C9 MANGOOOOO

2+ Year Member
Dec 27, 2016
Status
Pre-Medical
Ask Dr. Robinson?

Homie said "No, only considered for MD/PSP, no MD."

Wow. Ridiculous. Why did I fill out the Tulane SOM secondary then? Also why am I on a waitlist if there are 2 spots. HEY WHOEVER ISNT 100% ON MD/PSP AT TULANE GIVE UR SPOT TO ME.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: Nugester
About the Ads
Jan 10, 2019
Where my 1.24.20 interview gang at?

Hope we get some news in the coming week or two...
Bump.

As per the website, "After you interview we strive to get notice out in 3-4 weeks of acceptance or non acceptance."

Right now I feel we at Week 6 (excluding Mardi Gras Week).

Anyone hear back yet?

Nugester

2+ Year Member
Jul 4, 2017
Status
Bump.

As per the website, "After you interview we strive to get notice out in 3-4 weeks of acceptance or non acceptance."

Right now I feel we at Week 6 (excluding Mardi Gras Week).

Anyone hear back yet?
Definitely don't trust that range. I interviewed early in the cycle and it took almost 11 weeks to hear back.

Adamantoizz

2+ Year Member
May 13, 2017
Status
Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
Do you guys know if it is ok to attend the virtual second look for MD/MBA if I am just interested in MD?

Nugester

2+ Year Member
Jul 4, 2017
Status
Do you guys know if it is ok to attend the virtual second look for MD/MBA if I am just interested in MD?
I don't see why not. What will they do, rescind your acceptance? :p

Aug 15, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical
Can any locals talk about life in NOLA? Streets/neighborhoods/districts that are stay near/away from? Totally new to the area and wanted some local insight! Any input about NOLA would be awesome. What're these districts all about?

Reactions: Onedimpleface

camaburris

2+ Year Member
Jun 1, 2017
Status
Pre-Medical
Can any locals talk about life in NOLA? Streets/neighborhoods/districts that are stay near/away from? Totally new to the area and wanted some local insight! Any input about NOLA would be awesome. What're these districts all about?
Hey if you’ve been accepted I recommend checking out the TUSOM class of 2024 Facebook group! There’s a post with documents that highlight this info very well. I’ve literally been reading it and looking at housing options all day

Sent from my iPhone using SDN

About the Ads