2019-2020 Tulane

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
R just now. Was never on hold I think.
Submitted Late august- too late, don't be like me.
Complete November

• Sad
Reactions: 1 users
Ask Dr. Robinson?

Homie said "No, only considered for MD/PSP, no MD."

Wow. Ridiculous. Why did I fill out the Tulane SOM secondary then? Also why am I on a waitlist if there are 2 spots. HEY WHOEVER ISNT 100% ON MD/PSP AT TULANE GIVE UR SPOT TO ME.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Where my 1.24.20 interview gang at?

Hope we get some news in the coming week or two...

Bump.

As per the website, "After you interview we strive to get notice out in 3-4 weeks of acceptance or non acceptance."

Right now I feel we at Week 6 (excluding Mardi Gras Week).

Anyone hear back yet?

Bump.

As per the website, "After you interview we strive to get notice out in 3-4 weeks of acceptance or non acceptance."

Right now I feel we at Week 6 (excluding Mardi Gras Week).

Anyone hear back yet?
Definitely don't trust that range. I interviewed early in the cycle and it took almost 11 weeks to hear back.

Reactions: 2 users
Just got the call and email that I have been pulled off of the waitlist! IM GONNA BE A DOCTOR!!! Best of luck to all of you still waiting to hear

Sent from my iPhone using SDN

• Love
Reactions: 13 users
Just got the call and email that I have been pulled off of the waitlist! IM GONNA BE A DOCTOR!!! Best of luck to all of you still waiting to hear

Congrats!!! When did you interview/Acceptance range?

Congrats!!! When did you interview/Acceptance range?

Interviewed September, AR in November. In state and they thought I’d prefer LSUNO so I submitted a LOI

Acceptance Range Today (3.19.2020)

Interviewed 1.24.2020

Beyond grateful!!

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Do you guys know if it is ok to attend the virtual second look for MD/MBA if I am just interested in MD?

I don't see why not. What will they do, rescind your acceptance? :p
I don’t know these days anything is possible lol it’s just so hard to choose a school without interacting with your potential classmates.

Can any locals talk about life in NOLA? Streets/neighborhoods/districts that are stay near/away from? Totally new to the area and wanted some local insight! Any input about NOLA would be awesome. What're these districts all about?

Can any locals talk about life in NOLA? Streets/neighborhoods/districts that are stay near/away from? Totally new to the area and wanted some local insight! Any input about NOLA would be awesome. What're these districts all about?

Hey if you’ve been accepted I recommend checking out the TUSOM class of 2024 Facebook group! There’s a post with documents that highlight this info very well. I’ve literally been reading it and looking at housing options all day

So for those hopeful acceptance-range groupies, should we expect most waitlist movement to happen after April 30th?

Reactions: 3 users
Has anyone heard anything about if/how this pandemic will be affecting summer sessions for those doing combined degrees? I’m not sure if any info has been made public yet but I’m wondering if we can anticipate it being online.

Acceptance range email today.

Interview 1-23

What does this even mean?

ETA: After reading backwards a bit.......I get it. Waitlist.

Hmm. What is the timeframe? I do have an acceptance in the bank......what it the date to commit?

Last edited:
Acceptance range email today.

Interview 1-23

What does this even mean?

ETA: After reading backwards a bit.......I get it. Waitlist.

Hmm. What is the timeframe? I do have an acceptance in the bank......what it the date to commit?

By April 30 you must commit to 1 school.

By April 30 you must commit to 1 school.

^this is not correct. Some schools require PTE by April 30 but you can still be on multiple waitlists. CTE deadlines vary by school. Last year Tulane did not require you to CTE but I don’t know if this year will be different.

Anyone know if they're still sticking to that 3-4 week acceptance range notice time period after interviews with everything that's going on? Also have people been just getting email notice for acceptance/wait list or have they been calling too?

Anyone know if they're still sticking to that 3-4 week acceptance range notice time period after interviews with everything that's going on? Also have people been just getting email notice for acceptance/wait list or have they been calling too?
It took me about 7 weeks to get my acceptance, and this was before everything that's going on.

e mail

Received an email about a merit scholarship today! I think I’m committing :)

Reactions: 9 users
Acceptance email today. Interviewed March 9th

Reactions: 5 users
Interviewed September, AR in November. In state and they thought I’d prefer LSUNO so I submitted a LOI

Did you send the LOI to the admissions e-mail or upload it through the portal?

Any movement of WL for anyone or pretty much best bet is after April 15th/30th?

Does TUSOM have a CTE (commit to enroll) date? I know that you have to pay a $100 deposit on April 30th to reserve your place in the class, but is that synonymous to CTE?

Has anyone not received their financial aid packages, despite submitting fafsa and the medical student addendum? I've completed steps 1-6 on the financial aid checklist about three weeks ago and I still haven't heard anything back from the financial aid office, just wanted to know whether thats normal or whether i should go ahead and email them about it.

Has anyone not received their financial aid packages, despite submitting fafsa and the medical student addendum? I've completed steps 1-6 on the financial aid checklist about three weeks ago and I still haven't heard anything back from the financial aid office, just wanted to know whether thats normal or whether i should go ahead and email them about it.
I’m also wondering about this since I haven’t received my package yet (I've submitted fafsa and the addendum; I’m not sure about the other steps you mentioned but my checklist says complete). Please let me know if you end up contacting them!

It's normal for them I guess lol Literally the only school I haven't heard from.

I just withdrew my A, gl to anyone on the WL!

• Love
Reactions: 9 users
I just checked MSAR and it says that 60 people are typically selected off the waitlist (out of 260). Was kind of expecting more than that tbh :/
Was this data just added? Didn't see it before.

• Wow