-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2019-2020 Tulane
Started by PapaGuava
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
D
deleted850233
anyone from 09/17?
I believe one person got an acceptance so far from the 17th in this thread. Haven't heard anything myself. Don't know if silence means rejection or they just have a weird way of sending acceptances out.
D
deleted993760
+1. interviewed 9/10 and no idea what the silence means.I believe one person got an acceptance so far from the 17th in this thread. Haven't heard anything myself. Don't know if silence means rejection or they just have a weird way of sending acceptances out.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Those that were accepted... Did you have ties to Tulane/New Orleans? What do you think helped you stand out besides stats?
Nynaevei
Full Member
I did, very strong ties. I used to live there, got married there, and my dad and brothers currently do. They look for connections to NOLA, but if you don't I would emphasize an interest in the city and talk about how you plan on visiting xyz while you are there and that you like it so far, etc.Those that were accepted... Did you have ties to Tulane/New Orleans? What do you think helped you stand out besides stats?
Last edited:
I've no state ties or ties to NOLA. surprisingly shocked but excited!!!!! but loved NOLA when I interviewed!Those that were accepted... Did you have ties to Tulane/New Orleans? What do you think helped you stand out besides stats?
I also had strong ties. Grew up there, old family ties to the university and area. Katrina victim.Those that were accepted... Did you have ties to Tulane/New Orleans? What do you think helped you stand out besides stats?
D
deleted850233
+1. interviewed 9/10 and no idea what the silence means.
Honestly at this point I am more annoyed than anything. If all the decisions have been made they could update us all at the same time. I can take a denial, I am not gonna jump off a bridge but this pointless waiting game is annoying.
Yes me! Received the email around 8PSTanyone from 09/17?
Heads up, I cancelled my interview for 12/11! Hopefully it's open for another person to interview/interview earlier. Good luck everyone!!
victoryatlast8
Full Member
Me- nothing but silence. OOS and no ties so I don't have that much hopeanyone from 09/17?
D
deleted1011020
Me- nothing but silence. OOS and no ties so I don't have that much hope
+1 pure silence
D
deleted850233
Well it seems like only one person from 17th got an acceptance the rest are ghosted lol
Last edited by a moderator:
Internationalphysician
Full Member
yeah it is just one from here so far. Maybe next week? who knows
If your app has been "in progress" for 3 months, is that a silent "R"?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
DragonAlegraSeal
Full Member
I just got moved up the interview date from 01/16 to 12/11 I think I just got the slot 🙂 much loveHeads up, I cancelled my interview for 12/11! Hopefully it's open for another person to interview/interview earlier. Good luck everyone!!
Woah nice! Hope you get in!!I just got moved up the interview date from 01/16 to 12/11 I think I just got the slot 🙂 much love
Did you call to see if there was availability?I just got moved up the interview date from 01/16 to 12/11 I think I just got the slot 🙂 much love
No, they are vocal about R or Holds so just be patientIf your app has been "in progress" for 3 months, is that a silent "R"?
Interviewed on 9/6, silence still. I called them earlier and said my app was still under review and I should "expect an answer soon"... Anyone else in the same boat? I'm assuming the worst 
Last edited:
D
deleted850233
Lol well great.
lol just got a "application complete and is now under review email." I submitted in august... 

Anyone know what dates they are giving interviews for now?
January 2027Anyone know what dates they are giving interviews for now?
January 2027
Phew, I thought they were at 2030.
DragonAlegraSeal
Full Member
Did you call to see if there was availability?
I emailed and was added to a list! Best of luck!
alwaysnice
Full Member
Nope I don't think so I haven'tHas anyone gotten off the hold yet?
Hey all, I was wondering if i could get some guidance. I am a Canadian applicant and my application was completed in mid August, however my application has yet to be reviewed. Seeing how acceptances have already come out, should I prepare myself for some bad news? My apologies, but the difference between the Canadian and US systems have me a little confused. In Ontario, the province I live in, everyone interviews before final acceptances and rejections are handed out to everyone on the same day.
I didn't ask about this on interview day, so if anyone has any insights, I'd love to hear! Do we know if people on the Acceptance Range WL are reconsidered along the way (i.e. if anyone comes off WL in the Fall/Winter) or if it's pretty unlikely for WL people to start being taken off before the spring?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Looking at last year's thread, it looks like people got off the waitlist starting mid January and still continued sporadically until mid to late June when most of the waitlist movement happened. I also got waitlisted last week, and talked to my student host about it, and he said 2 of the top students in his year got off the waitlist, and did say he knows quite a bit of current students (all years) who have gotten off the waitlist 🙂I didn't ask about this on interview day, so if anyone has any insights, I'd love to hear! Do we know if people on the Acceptance Range WL are reconsidered along the way (i.e. if anyone comes off WL in the Fall/Winter) or if it's pretty unlikely for WL people to start being taken off before the spring?
Acceptance range (waitlist) just now. Super bummed because I love this school but am remaining hopeful. Interviewed Sept 17th.
Hi. Also Canadian.Hey all, I was wondering if i could get some guidance. I am a Canadian applicant and my application was completed in mid August, however my application has yet to be reviewed. Seeing how acceptances have already come out, should I prepare myself for some bad news? My apologies, but the difference between the Canadian and US systems have me a little confused. In Ontario, the province I live in, everyone interviews before final acceptances and rejections are handed out to everyone on the same day.
The US schools use a rolling basis of admissions, meaning that they interview and accept throughout the whole cycle. Applications that aren't rejected are continuously looked at, so if you haven't been rejected you are still in the running for the remaining spots.
They do this due to the high volume of applications compared to Canadian schools. It also means that the earlier your applications get in, the more spots are available. I am not sure about Tulane, but I think I read somewhere that some schools hold back the internationals until later in the cycle.
Who did you email? I only saw three availabilities when I selected my interview date. All three being mid spring 🙁I emailed and was added to a list! Best of luck!
Thanks for the reply!Hi. Also Canadian.
The US schools use a rolling basis of admissions, meaning that they interview and accept throughout the whole cycle. Applications that aren't rejected are continuously looked at, so if you haven't been rejected you are still in the running for the remaining spots.
They do this due to the high volume of applications compared to Canadian schools. It also means that the earlier your applications get in, the more spots are available. I am not sure about Tulane, but I think I read somewhere that some schools hold back the internationals until later in the cycle.
medschoolplz32
New Member
II yesterday! Really was not expecting it considering how early they start their application process. OOS, complete 8/22, under review 9/6. Earliest date available for II was 2/6/2020.
Am I the only one complete in August who's STILL not under review yet?
Edit: Should I leave it or should I call to see if they lost my app or something?
Edit: Should I leave it or should I call to see if they lost my app or something?
I got an II yesterday too and scheduled my interview today! Earliest available dates were in mid-March. I was put on "hold for possible interview" a few weeks ago so I'm very happy to have this!II yesterday! Really was not expecting it considering how early they start their application process. OOS, complete 8/22, under review 9/6. Earliest date available for II was 2/6/2020.
D
deleted1011020
II yesterday! Really was not expecting it considering how early they start their application process. OOS, complete 8/22, under review 9/6. Earliest date available for II was 2/6/2020.
Uh oh... looks like I’m getting an R from this school for sure.
Same...I'm STILL not under review yet...RIPUh oh... looks like I’m getting an R from this school for sure.
Been under review since late September. Hope they’re still giving out interviews.
It’s actually sad how some people marked complete in early or mid-August still haven’t gotten their application even looked it. It’s like you never stood a chance. And this is early or mid-August. It’s not like people were complete late like after Labor Day.
It’s actually sad how some people marked complete in early or mid-August still haven’t gotten their application even looked it. It’s like you never stood a chance. And this is early or mid-August. It’s not like people were complete late like after Labor Day.
Am I the only one complete in August who's STILL not under review yet?
Edit: Should I leave it or should I call to see if they lost my app or something?
Mood. I was complete on 8/23 and I’m still not under review. 🙁
Did you update them? I just sent an update but they’re my alma matter and I’m feeling a little hurt I got put on hold not gonna lie LOLI got an II yesterday too and scheduled my interview today! Earliest available dates were in mid-March. I was put on "hold for possible interview" a few weeks ago so I'm very happy to have this!
has anyone who has been under review since early august still not heard back? i'm surprised i haven't been put on hold at least yet
D
deleted966978
has anyone who has been under review since early august still not heard back? i'm surprised i haven't been put on hold at least yet
me! under review 8/11, not really sure what to make of it.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
+1me! under review 8/11, not really sure what to make of it.
has anyone who has been under review since early august still not heard back? i'm surprised i haven't been put on hold at least yet
I've been under review since July 9th and haven't heard anything. 🙁
+2 around the same date
achilles0619
Full Member
+3 under review 8/5+2 around the same date