2019-2020 Tulane

Started by PapaGuava
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

I believe one person got an acceptance so far from the 17th in this thread. Haven't heard anything myself. Don't know if silence means rejection or they just have a weird way of sending acceptances out.
+1. interviewed 9/10 and no idea what the silence means.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Those that were accepted... Did you have ties to Tulane/New Orleans? What do you think helped you stand out besides stats?
I did, very strong ties. I used to live there, got married there, and my dad and brothers currently do. They look for connections to NOLA, but if you don't I would emphasize an interest in the city and talk about how you plan on visiting xyz while you are there and that you like it so far, etc.
 
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Interviewed on 9/6, silence still. I called them earlier and said my app was still under review and I should "expect an answer soon"... Anyone else in the same boat? I'm assuming the worst :dead:
 
Last edited:
Hey all, I was wondering if i could get some guidance. I am a Canadian applicant and my application was completed in mid August, however my application has yet to be reviewed. Seeing how acceptances have already come out, should I prepare myself for some bad news? My apologies, but the difference between the Canadian and US systems have me a little confused. In Ontario, the province I live in, everyone interviews before final acceptances and rejections are handed out to everyone on the same day.
 
I didn't ask about this on interview day, so if anyone has any insights, I'd love to hear! Do we know if people on the Acceptance Range WL are reconsidered along the way (i.e. if anyone comes off WL in the Fall/Winter) or if it's pretty unlikely for WL people to start being taken off before the spring?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I didn't ask about this on interview day, so if anyone has any insights, I'd love to hear! Do we know if people on the Acceptance Range WL are reconsidered along the way (i.e. if anyone comes off WL in the Fall/Winter) or if it's pretty unlikely for WL people to start being taken off before the spring?
Looking at last year's thread, it looks like people got off the waitlist starting mid January and still continued sporadically until mid to late June when most of the waitlist movement happened. I also got waitlisted last week, and talked to my student host about it, and he said 2 of the top students in his year got off the waitlist, and did say he knows quite a bit of current students (all years) who have gotten off the waitlist 🙂
 
Hey all, I was wondering if i could get some guidance. I am a Canadian applicant and my application was completed in mid August, however my application has yet to be reviewed. Seeing how acceptances have already come out, should I prepare myself for some bad news? My apologies, but the difference between the Canadian and US systems have me a little confused. In Ontario, the province I live in, everyone interviews before final acceptances and rejections are handed out to everyone on the same day.
Hi. Also Canadian.

The US schools use a rolling basis of admissions, meaning that they interview and accept throughout the whole cycle. Applications that aren't rejected are continuously looked at, so if you haven't been rejected you are still in the running for the remaining spots.

They do this due to the high volume of applications compared to Canadian schools. It also means that the earlier your applications get in, the more spots are available. I am not sure about Tulane, but I think I read somewhere that some schools hold back the internationals until later in the cycle.
 
Hi. Also Canadian.

The US schools use a rolling basis of admissions, meaning that they interview and accept throughout the whole cycle. Applications that aren't rejected are continuously looked at, so if you haven't been rejected you are still in the running for the remaining spots.

They do this due to the high volume of applications compared to Canadian schools. It also means that the earlier your applications get in, the more spots are available. I am not sure about Tulane, but I think I read somewhere that some schools hold back the internationals until later in the cycle.
Thanks for the reply!
 
II yesterday! Really was not expecting it considering how early they start their application process. OOS, complete 8/22, under review 9/6. Earliest date available for II was 2/6/2020.
I got an II yesterday too and scheduled my interview today! Earliest available dates were in mid-March. I was put on "hold for possible interview" a few weeks ago so I'm very happy to have this!
 
Been under review since late September. Hope they’re still giving out interviews.

It’s actually sad how some people marked complete in early or mid-August still haven’t gotten their application even looked it. It’s like you never stood a chance. And this is early or mid-August. It’s not like people were complete late like after Labor Day.
 
I got an II yesterday too and scheduled my interview today! Earliest available dates were in mid-March. I was put on "hold for possible interview" a few weeks ago so I'm very happy to have this!
Did you update them? I just sent an update but they’re my alma matter and I’m feeling a little hurt I got put on hold not gonna lie LOL
 
has anyone who has been under review since early august still not heard back? i'm surprised i haven't been put on hold at least yet
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad