2020-2021 Massachusetts

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Active consideration email today 12/22. Interviewed 12/8
+1 except interviewed first week of Dec... It really gave me a scare thinking it was a R even though I knew they send these AC emails! Whew.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
To offer insight into the convo for those without access to the MSAR, in the past four years the following has been reported:

- Hispanic/Latinx folks number between 3-6 in each year’s class. (23% of Worcester identifies with this demographic)
- Black folks number between 5-11 in each year’s class. (14% of Worcester identifies with this demographic).
the actual counts may be lower since students are "duplicated" in the columns. so if a student checks both black and hispanic, they are counted twice under each column.
 
Does anyone know whether UMMS accepts LOI pre-II?
Their portal doesn't have a limit to the number of documents you can upload, so fire away. It can't hurt, right? I uploaded one pre-II interest letter under the "Additional Attachments" tab and received a II about a month later, but it is unclear if those two events were related.
 
Their portal doesn't have a limit to the number of documents you can upload, so fire away. It can't hurt, right? I uploaded one pre-II interest letter under the "Additional Attachments" tab and received a II about a month later, but it is unclear if those two events were related.

I really hope this works for me... I uploaded a Letter of Interest last week. Fingers crossed.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
They accept for pre-req courses on the secondary portal, what kind of classes were you looking to update?
Oh none of them are pre-reqs but I just wanted to update them with my latest grades. Thoughts? Would it be bad if I went ahead and sent them my grades for non pre-req courses?
 
At what point should I send a letter of interest after interviewing? Interviewed on 11/18 and haven’t heard anything yet. Should I wait to see if see if I get WL’ed?
 
Oh none of them are pre-reqs but I just wanted to update them with my latest grades. Thoughts? Would it be bad if I went ahead and sent them my grades for non pre-req courses?
I don't think so, it makes sense to me to do so! You can probably upload to the portal as an attachment, but if you're worried maybe email admissions? Then again they may be put for holiday so it could take them a bit to respond
 
I interviewed weeks ago and as of today my portal updated from "Under Review" to "Interviewed" No active consideration email or any communication from UMMS, just this anticlimactic delayed portal update.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Post-II R today. Interviewed early Dec. IS LM 74. Thought the MMI went fine. EXTREMELY close ties. This one really hurts.
Same here, IS with lower stats. Very painful.
+1 with similar stats :/
+1 and IS, similar stats. I also thought the MMI went well
I'm so sorry, all 😔 Did any/all of you receive the Active Consideration email between your interview and now?

Interviewed in mid-December myself, received the Active Consideration email 20 minutes ago.
 
Anyone else IS and completed back in July/August and haven’t heard anything? This is one of my top schools and I guess the only in state school we have here in MA so I was hoping for something here :/

Meeeee. I'm low-stats though, so I'm not surprised. I just kinda hoped being IS meant something... but hey we haven't been rejected yet!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad