You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2020-2021 Massachusetts
Started by TheDataKing
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Well, I'm pretty sure I managed to accidentally manifest three of them by asking around this time two weeks ago, so... No Friday A's today, huh?
D
deleted1075487
Got the A earlier today! Absolutely my dream school, so unbelievably excited! Interviewed 11/18, in-state and LM 69. For those of you still waiting to hear back, don't lose hope!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does it seem like all II's have been sent out for the cycle from Umass?
Someone just got one this past Thursday, so probably still a few!Does it seem like all II's have been sent out for the cycle from Umass?
Hey! Unfortunately, we signed an agreement that we can’t disclose specifics about the interview. I will say that the interviewers were all very friendly and encouraging. They want to learn about you and for you to do well! Make sure to practice some questions (online or from an MMI book) and remember to have fun with it!Hey guys, I am interview at UMASS on Tuesday and its my first MMI interview. Any tips or advice on your experiences with this year's interview? I know it's all scenario-based, but would love some insight into what I'm about to get into and how hard the questions are. TY!
D
deleted1054719
Do AC emails come out exactly two weeks post II?
immunoguy23
Full Member
No. I never got an AC and was admitted a bit over two weeks post interviewDo AC emails come out exactly two weeks post II?
Is anyone who has filed their fafsa still not able to make a net partner account? Mine was processed 2/1 and it still isn't letting me create an account
immunoguy23
Full Member
Going off this, any MSTP people know if we need to do this?Is anyone who has filed their fafsa still not able to make a net partner account? Mine was processed 2/1 and it still isn't letting me create an account
krebscycle911
Full Member
it let me create my account but the whole portal is still blank which is weird since I've done FAFSA and CSS profileIs anyone who has filed their fafsa still not able to make a net partner account? Mine was processed 2/1 and it still isn't letting me create an account
Anyone know if II's are still going out?
Any decisions come out today?
it let me create my account but the whole portal is still blank which is weird since I've done FAFSA and CSS prMass
Hmmm thanks for the info. Do you happen to know how long after you got the "fafsa successfully processed" email you signed in to make you're account? Ik it says 24-48 business "hours" for umass to get it from fafsa but I was confused if that translated to 3-6 days lolit let me create my account but the whole portal is still blank which is weird since I've done FAFSA and CSS profile
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
D
deleted1051525
If you call into the Tue/Thu financial aid office hours the office people are super helpful! That info is included in the financial aid email as an attachment. I got it about a week ago.Hmmm thanks for the info. Do you happen to know how long after you got the "fafsa successfully processed" email you signed in to make you're account? Ik it says 24-48 business "hours" for umass to get it from fafsa but I was confused if that translated to 3-6 days lol
DormammuI'veComeToBargain
New Member
Has anyone sent a letter of intent/interest following an active consideration notice? Is that an option?
krebscycle911
Full Member
I have not sent a letter of intent but I just have to tell you I love your username lol I'm laughingHas anyone sent a letter of intent/interest following an active consideration notice? Is that an option?
A for MD and PURCH!!! IS, interviewed 12/3 for MD and 12/14 for PURCH, got the active consideration email right before the holidays
premed375813
Full Member
I haven't sent one but have been looking into it! There is definitely some conflicting advice on it though. My advisor said that sending it without hearing about waitlist or sending it too soon after your interview could make it seem insincere and advised against it, but other people have said it can help, so who knows!Has anyone sent a letter of intent/interest following an active consideration notice? Is that an option?
I'm with you on this one, been waiting since the end of October 🙁Are early fall interviewees going to get some sort of answer? Active consideration doesn't feel so active
I wish we got some sort of notification when we are likely to be discussed or something. Being glued to our email every Friday for months is crazy. Do we think people have gotten rejected post interview throughout these past few months? Or are they holding everyone who has not been accepted?I'm with you on this one, been waiting since the end of October 🙁
Seriously this wait is killing me!!
guardianofthepotato
New Member
A today 🙂 IS, interviewed in December
premed375813
Full Member
Congrats!! What date in December if you don’t mind saying?A today 🙂 IS, interviewed in December
sunshineandraspberries
New Member
A today, IS, interviewed early Jan. Good luck everyone!!
I’m fairly certain I’ve seen people on this thread post that they got post-II R’s throughout the cycle... I’ve also been waiting to hear since mid November. I’m assuming it’ll be a waitlist spot at this point and they just haven’t released WL decisions yet.I wish we got some sort of notification when we are likely to be discussed or something. Being glued to our email every Friday for months is crazy. Do we think people have gotten rejected post interview throughout these past few months? Or are they holding everyone who has not been accepted?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Got the A today, interviewed 1/5/21. DONT LOSE HOPE. I’m a reapplicant (first cycle 2018) and it’s been two sweat it out cycles for me. So if you’re down about your situation feel free to dm me I’ve made all the applicant mistakes and learned from them, I’m always down to talk application strategy or give anybody a pep talk!
Also got the A this week after interviewing late Jan! I received an active consideration email about a week before. I'm OOS with no ties so I'm very surprised.
Did you get added to the accepted students Facebook group?Also got the A this week after interviewing late Jan! I received an active consideration email about a week before. I'm OOS with no ties so I'm very surprised.
njapplicant
Full Member
Also got the A this week after interviewing late Jan! I received an active consideration email about a week before. I'm OOS with no ties so I'm very surprised.
do you mind sharing when you interviewed! Thanks!
I know this isn’t the most accurate indicator but I think you can search the incoming class Facebook group to see how many members there areAnyone know how many spots are left?
yep I did! but seems like a lot of them are M1sDid you get added to the accepted students Facebook group?
1/20do you mind sharing when you interviewed! Thanks!
hi! for those of you who have been admitted, has anyone been able to complete the umass financial aid application on NetPartner? it says that it's due on March 1, 2021 for those already admitted, but whenever I click on the "Application" tab, I just get a blank screen - not sure if it might be an issue with my computer, but I tried it both on Chrome and Safari
D
deleted1051525
It’s the same for me. I emailed them about it last week but haven’t heard back yet. Glad to know it’s not just me though!hi! for those of you who have been admitted, has anyone been able to complete the umass financial aid application on NetPartner? it says that it's due on March 1, 2021 for those already admitted, but whenever I click on the "Application" tab, I just get a blank screen - not sure if it might be an issue with my computer, but I tried it both on Chrome and Safari
purplebourdain
Full Member
I went to the office hours and they fixed that for me. Something about there being a block on some ppl's accounts by mistake or something, I don't remember. But it literally takes them 5 mins to take care of it!It’s the same for me. I emailed them about it last week but haven’t heard back yet. Glad to know it’s not just me though!
okay thank you! I may try that next week then!I went to the office hours and they fixed that for me. Something about there being a block on some ppl's accounts by mistake or something, I don't remember. But it literally takes them 5 mins to take care of it!
D
deleted1051525
Oo good info thank you!I went to the office hours and they fixed that for me. Something about there being a block on some ppl's accounts by mistake or something, I don't remember. But it literally takes them 5 mins to take care of it!
njapplicant
Full Member
Any As today?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
guardianofthepotato
New Member
Sorry missed this, 12/15!Congrats!! What date in December if you don’t mind saying?
GeraltofNVIDIA
Full Member
*looks at dates* Oh no I was in that cohort...Sorry missed this, 12/15!
premed375813
Full Member
By cohort do you mean you also interviewed that day?*looks at dates* Oh no I was in that cohort...
GeraltofNVIDIA
Full Member
Yes! I think I interviewed during the earlier block of the dayBy cohort do you mean you also interviewed that day?