You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2020-2021 Massachusetts
Started by TheDataKing
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Thanks!! Got my completion email after finishing vita in mid september. and i'm IS!Congrats! Do you mind sharing your complete date and whether IS or OOS? Thanks!
I'm IS and this radio silence is killing me. Like, at least tell me if I'm rejected so I know I have no chance and can accept the fact that I'll very likely be moving far from home. Congrats to everyone who's getting love, though! Would anyone feel comfortable elaborating on their EC's and/or what you feel made you stand out?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
BeepboopCosmic2019
Full Member
I haven't been able to attend any of the Q & A sessions due to work time conflict. For anyone that has attended, can you summarize any portion of it? Thanks!
Also on a side note, do you think it looks bad if I haven't attended any. I really want to go here but I work full time and it doesn't fit into my schedule.
Also on a side note, do you think it looks bad if I haven't attended any. I really want to go here but I work full time and it doesn't fit into my schedule.
I haven't been able to attend any of the Q & A sessions due to work time conflict. For anyone that has attended, can you summarize any portion of it? Thanks!
Also on a side note, do you think it looks bad if I haven't attended any. I really want to go here but I work full time and it doesn't fit into my schedule.
Same. I work a busy schedule these days and haven’t had the time to sit down for one of those sessions. Hopefully it doesn’t hurt me! Haven’t had a chance to attend these sessions for some other schools either...
Are the Q & A sessions just for those who have been invited to interview?I haven't been able to attend any of the Q & A sessions due to work time conflict. For anyone that has attended, can you summarize any portion of it? Thanks!
Also on a side note, do you think it looks bad if I haven't attended any. I really want to go here but I work full time and it doesn't fit into my schedule.
D
deleted1075607
II today comp 8/20
BeepboopCosmic2019
Full Member
YeahAre the Q & A sessions just for those who have been invited to interview?
In my opinion, if you prepare at all you will be prepared enough! UMass was pretty laid back!For those who have interviewed here already / have had other MMIs - how did you prepare?
I'm planning on reading Multiple Mini Interview Mmi: Winning Strategies from Admissions Faculty and Dr. Grays 'The Premed Playbook Guide to the Medical School Interview: Be Prepared, Perform Well, Get Accepted' as well as watching YouTube videos and doing mocks with friends/mentors. Any other suggestions 🙂 ? I also saw people saying 'Doing Right' was a good read for MMIs.
TIA
II'm IS and this radio silence is killing me. Like, at least tell me if I'm rejected so I know I have no chance and can accept the fact that I'll very likely be moving far from home. Congrats to everyone who's getting love, though! Would anyone feel comfortable elaborating on their EC's and/or what you feel made you stand out?
thank you sm!In my opinion, if you prepare at all you will be prepared enough! UMass was pretty laid back!
AllYouNeedIsWater
Full Member
Accepted just now. Il date: 10/16. OOS
Were you placed on active consideration or accepted right away?Accepted just now. Il date: 10/16. OOS
edit: and congrats!!!
Accepted just now. Il date: 10/16. OOS
Congrats!! That’s a pretty quick turnaround time
AllYouNeedIsWater
Full Member
Were you placed on active consideration or accepted right away?
edit: and congrats!!!
I got an active consideration email on Monday lol
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I got an active consideration email on Monday lol
As someone who also got an active consideration email recently, this gives me hope.
Did you send any letters of interest or intent to them?
Does anyone have insights into what happens if you don't complete a required course? I never took a stats class but took 1 year of calculus. I wrote that I would take stats before matriculation. Does anyone know if they would waive a prereq course or would they rescind an admissions offer if you don't complete it?
D
deleted1054719
Does anyone have insights into what happens if you don't complete a required course? I never took a stats class but took 1 year of calculus. I wrote that I would take stats before matriculation. Does anyone know if they would waive a prereq course or would they rescind an admissions offer if you don't complete it?
This is a situation you need to call them about and get a personal exemption for if they offer those.
I got an II yesterday! It went to my junk folder, so make sure you are checking that periodically just in case
Congrats to you! Mind sharing if you are IS or OOS ? Stats ?I got an II yesterday! It went to my junk folder, so make sure you are checking that periodically just in case
Congrats to you! Mind sharing if you are IS or OOS ? Stats ?
Thanks!! I'm IS. LM 72.5
Got my II on 10/30. Was complete on 8/9. IS, LM 70. Interview coming up later this month - I am so nervous, especially after reading UMass interviewed 834 people for 162 total spots last year. Getting the II felt like such a victory but now it's feeling more like the odds of getting an A are still very much stacked against me...
Posting in case anyone else might find useful for MMI prep (although it sounds like UMass's was pretty chill so maybe I'm bugging and don't need to read all this lol). I've really enjoyed reading the "Case Studies" scenarios at the bottle of each section.
does anyone know if there is an accepted students' facebook page? thanks!
belugaful30
Full Member
Congratulations on the II!
I'm dreading the R from Massachusetts because I feel like it will be the most personal after they asked for so much "personality assessment" type stuff beforehand
I'm dreading the R from Massachusetts because I feel like it will be the most personal after they asked for so much "personality assessment" type stuff beforehand

Congratulations on the II!
I'm dreading the R from Massachusetts because I feel like it will be the most personal after they asked for so much "personality assessment" type stuff beforehand![]()
Wait they did? Oh god did I miss part of the secondary???
belugaful30
Full Member
No, it was just the VITA, I just meant it feels more personal after they've seen your face and heard you talk/answer questions.Wait they did? Oh god did I miss part of the secondary???
Be easy.
No, it was just the VITA, I just meant it feels more personal after they've seen your face and heard you talk/answer questions.
Be easy.
Ohhh okay. Phew. IS nerves Nellie over here haha. Thanks for clarifying!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
UMass had a super chill interview! Much easier than my last MMI haha
I agree, the interview had a good vibe throughout!UMass had a super chill interview! Much easier than my last MMI haha
Also, couldnt help but look at your sig and WOW, 16 interviews! The stuff of dreams
futuredoctor9625
Full Member
They were very similar to the regular MMI!for anyone that's done their PURCH mmi, did the question types feel pretty similar to the school's regular mmi or were they more specifically targeted to population health topics?
II an hour ago and I'm the most excited I've been in years. I interviewed at UMMS late in the cycle 3 years ago and have been waiting for this chance ever since. They're probably my top choice.
Complete 8/17, VITA 9/2. IS, LM 72. Only dates available were mid-December.
Complete 8/17, VITA 9/2. IS, LM 72. Only dates available were mid-December.
D
deleted615211
II an hour ago and I'm the most excited I've been in years. I interviewed at UMMS late in the cycle 3 years ago and have been waiting for this chance ever since. They're probably my top choice.
Complete 8/17, VITA 9/2. IS, LM 72. Only dates available were mid-December.
Dang power to you for sticking it through so many applications cycles. As a fellow non-traditional applicant could you share any feedback and thoughts on what you've worked on during the gap years?
Thanks!
Accepted to the MD and PURCH programs earlier today! :] I was complete on 7/20 and interviewed on 09/04. OOS and LM 70!
For everyone preparing to interview: at least for me personally, UMass stood out from the perspective of keeping the interviews dynamic. These MMI's were hella engaging (unlike the awkward, one way street that was the VITA) and there were at least 2 or 3 stations where I wouldn't have minded having more time to have kept the conversation going. I hope you guys feel the same-- absolute best of luck everyone!
For everyone preparing to interview: at least for me personally, UMass stood out from the perspective of keeping the interviews dynamic. These MMI's were hella engaging (unlike the awkward, one way street that was the VITA) and there were at least 2 or 3 stations where I wouldn't have minded having more time to have kept the conversation going. I hope you guys feel the same-- absolute best of luck everyone!
Accepted to the MD and PURCH programs earlier today! :] I was complete on 7/20 and interviewed on 09/04. OOS and LM 70!
For everyone preparing to interview: at least for me personally, UMass stood out from the perspective of keeping the interviews dynamic. These MMI's were hella engaging (unlike the awkward, one way street that was the VITA) and there were at least 2 or 3 stations where I wouldn't have minded having more time to have kept the conversation going. I hope you guys feel the same-- absolute best of luck everyone!
Congrats! Just curious, did you ever get the active consideration email?
Mind sharing, URM/ORM ?Accepted to the MD and PURCH programs earlier today! :] I was complete on 7/20 and interviewed on 09/04. OOS and LM 70!
Congrats! Just curious, did you ever get the active consideration email?
Hey thanks! I'm looking through my emails now and nah I don't think I did.
Mind sharing, URM/ORM ?
URM
BeepboopCosmic2019
Full Member
It seems like UMass is sending A's on either Monday or Friday. I hope the active consideration email is a positive thing and means that we hear back soon.
II just now! LM 73. Complete date 8/17. No consideration email.
GeraltofNVIDIA
Full Member
II a bit earlier! LM ~76, Complete on 9/6. Also no consideration email.
II just now! LM 73. Complete date 8/17. No consideration email.
II a bit earlier! LM ~76, Complete on 9/6. Also no consideration email.
Congrats on the interview guys!
Just FYI, the active consideration email is post-II
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Congrats!! Did you send a LOI/update after the active consideration email?Accepted yesterday OOS after active conversation email from 2 weeks ago
Just thank you for considerationCongrats!! Did you send a LOI/update after the active consideration email?
What's a "conversation email" ?Accepted yesterday OOS after active conversation email from 2 weeks ago
Prob just meant active "consideration" email - which is what you get after interviewing, if you're not immediately accepted or rejected.What's a "conversation email" ?
D
deleted1066534
II for MD and PURCH track just now!! IS, URM, Lizzy: ~73 and WARS 86